DIY vases!

Saturday, January 30, 2010

I came across this simple yet fabulous DIY project to make your very own coloured vases thanks to Louise's blog, Table Tonic . I love the idea of recycling old jars by painting their interior and turning them into vases... aren't they pretty!


I did a similar thing with empty food cans a few months back for my best friend Em's hens/kitchen tea. My darling Em is an enormous lover of flowers (and is actually in the middle of completing a floristry course) so the pressure was on for me to create something glorious for her day! I purchased a variety of paper with sweet patterns (including divine japanese paper!) which I attached to A4 double sided adhesive paper, cut to size and then simply attached to the empty cans. My favorite part of this little project was purchasing the flowers fresh from the markets and then arranging them... I was in my element indeed! What do you think of my finished product? You should give it a go... it's SO effective, environmentally friendly, cheap and SO much fun :)


Home from the markets

Off-cuts of the paper I used.

My covered cans.

Flowers arranged.

Taa daa!

4 comments:

  1. I never knew you were so creative Sonja.
    Brilliant work. It must've taken you a fair amount of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are great ideas, the paint AND the paper: so pretty, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great little DIY! i need to do the same with all the old cans in the closet... nice blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there :)

Thanks so much for stopping by to leave a comment... I always love hearing from you!

Son xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails