DIY cover me pretty cookbooks!

Monday, February 22, 2010

It's been 2 weeks today since I moved into our new apartment and I can happily say that I now have most of our bulk items unpacked... YAY! So after 2 weeks of focusing on big things, I thought I would treat myself and turn my attention to some smaller details. I wanted to display a selection of my cookbooks in our heavenly kitchen and lucky for me most of them were already colours that were pleasing to my eye. As for the few that weren't, well I thought I would use the same concept as the DIY vases I created for my bff's hens party and cover them with some scraps of paper I already had to make them look pretty and fit in with the rest. All it took was some scissors and double-sided tape and voila! You can use glue for a more permanent solution, although I like the idea of being able to change the paper colour and pattern as I introduce new bits and pieces :)

Paper scraps

Books, all covered!

6 comments:

  1. Those look great! I like how you covered yours with fun fabrics instead of going with all white, brown, etc. I have a few books that I need all the time, but just aren't so pretty and this would be a great project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. all the details are so so so gorgeous! I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the book covers they are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank-you lovely ladies :)

    It's amazing what a difference a little bit of pretty paper makes! x

    ReplyDelete

Hi there :)

Thanks so much for stopping by to leave a comment... I always love hearing from you!

Son xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails