My heavenly kitchen... with a view!

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Ok, so I have died and gone to kitchen heaven! The kitchens in our last 2 homes had NO windows what so ever and as much as I LOVE cooking up a storm, I always found it a little depressing that I could not see outside whilst doing so. I think the kitchen in our new home more than makes up for those 2 years of cooking without sunlight... divine divine divine! Check out the view... finally, let there be light!


A little stark at the moment I know but what a perfectly clean, crisp, white canvas for me to brighten up with pops of colour! The first thing to go will be the chairs that came with the place (clearly the wrong height) and I will begin the hunt for the perfect counter stool this weekend. Below are a few options. As much as I love the Charles Ghost Stool, by Kartell, I can't imagine sitting comfortably in them for long periods of time. I am particularly liking the idea of choosing something quite generic like the Harry Bertoia mesh stool (ok at over $900 a pop I think I'll settle for replicas!) or the Ikea Glenn bar stool, choosing a patterned fabric and then having some cute cushions made. What do you think?!

Clockwise from top left- Harry Bertoia mesh stool, Ikea Glenn bar stool, Charles Ghost bar stool by Kartell, Gelato bar stool, white with light blue fabric from Life Interiors

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sonja!
    I visited a high rise apt with a stunning view that i am hoping to live in (perhaps sometime next year or sooner)....your kitchen reminded me of it. Can you send me your email? I'd love to ask a question....

    All the best OXOXO

    JEN RAMOS
    jen@madebygirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh that really is a lovely kitchen. And what a view! Where's this location if you don't mind me asking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your kitchen !!!!
    Can't wait to see more :)
    Welcome to Kuala Lumpur dear :))
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Which part of KL do you live in?

    I lived in SG for 2 years. Our kitchen had a view like that too, it's amazing!

    x

    ReplyDelete

Hi there :)

Thanks so much for stopping by to leave a comment... I always love hearing from you!

Son xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails