My personal touches to our wedding

Saturday, February 20, 2010

We are still eagerly awaiting the arrival of our professional wedding album but I must confess I am frequently reliving our amazing day/night by looking at the photos taken by myself, family and friends. So in the meantime I thought I would share a few pics of bits and pieces I created for our special day... most of the below items were made by little ol' me!

Block letters from Rouge Living


I hand made all of our wedding stationery- lined envelopes and all! The watermark image I used on the invitation is from a vintage Taittinger poster (made famous by it's model's Audrey Hepburn and Grace Kelly) that was hanging directly behind us in the gallery where our wedding ceremony was held (above). Our wedding reception was at the same venue, Church St. Enoteca, which also features vintage posters throughout the restaurant and bar areas. I used the same image on the personalised postage stamps I ordered through Australia Post.

My sister and I taste testing the cake on the morning of the wedding... naughty, naughty!

My husband and I are not all that traditional so decided to have a bit of fun with our wedding cake... after all, they can be SO expensive, half the time no one eats them and who doesn't like original glazed and pineapple Krispy Kreme donuts!!! I ordered the stand from Cupcake Tree, purchased the fabric and ribbon from Spotlight, assembled the stand and then used my handy work (and trusty hot-glue gun) to cover it! I made the cake on top from scratch (my husband requested carrot cake with cream cheese frosting- delish!), covered it with fondant and then attached a piece of the same fabric I used on the stand... I am very pleased to say the donuts were a hit!

I purchased these adorable 'Poppies for Grace' paper bags from Details, details for our wedding favours. I hand tied each individual bow and attached them to the bags using a hot glue gun. I also cut velcro strips into small squares and adhered them to the inside of the bag to ensure they closed properly. What was inside these delightful little bags you ask?! What else but my homemade rocky road!


3 comments:

  1. I have to confess, I found you through Made By Girl and I'm so so happy! if everything you do is as gorgeous as your wedding then I'll be in heaven. I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bah, I hate that we missed the event! Thank God you made enough pics. Someday we´ll be there and look at the album!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now how on earth am I suppose to get any studying done with all your beautiful..and very distracting posts...hmmmmmfffff ; ) x

    ReplyDelete

Hi there :)

Thanks so much for stopping by to leave a comment... I always love hearing from you!

Son xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails