Heavenly hens part 2

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Along with the DIY Bags of Blooms featured in yesterday’s post ‘Heavenly hens part 1’, I thought I would share a few other little delights created by me and my very crafty and creative best friend (and fellow bridesmaid) Emma!


Loveliest ladies!

With only weeks to go
And her cheeks all aglow
Whatever will Amy do?!

Celebrate with her closest
Her friends with the mostest
At the glorious Café Vue!

They’ll be champagne ‘divine’!
And food ever so fine
Just you wait and see…

So bring yourself in a dress
And together we will bless
Our beautiful bride to be!


I wrote the above poem for Amy’s hen’s invitations and Emma came up with the idea to make lovely little brooches made out of paper, fabric, pearls, buttons and pretty pins for each guest to wear. She wrote a gorgeous blessing for the ‘bride to be’ to attach to each one which flowed perfectly with the poem used on the invitation. The two of us had lots of fun making these over a few glasses of red wine. It was actually quite amusing trying to make ours look similar to one another’s as although we are both perfectionists, our styles can vary quite a bit… me being a perfectionist in a neat, uniform, obsessive compulsive kind of way and Emma having more of a messy (but neat), vintage style. I think we both did a great job finding that happy medium :) Aren’t they sweet!

I made this one especially for Amy!

I also made mine to match the rest of my accessories.

This one was Emma's!

We ran with a 'Pearl of wisdom' theme
so each brooch featured at least one pearl!

No two brooches were the same!

A brooch was then placed at each place setting.

It was only 6 weeks ago that I was bridesmaid in Emma’s wedding and I am so excited to be able to do it all again this weekend for Amy! I thought I would finish this post by sharing a few pics of my two dearest friends (and bridesmaids) with me on my wedding day.

Happy hump day to you all! x

Amy and I...

Emma and I

3 comments:

  1. You are very lucky to have such gorgeous friends ..the hens setting & theme looks amazing and you looked beautiful on your special day ..congratulations .loved reading this post so nice to be loved by friends :) XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is so incredibly thoughtful. You and Emma sound like the perfect bridesmaids! It says a lot about your friendship that you're prepared to devote so much time and energy to making the bride's day so special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank-you ladies :)

    Yes, I am very lucky to have such amazing friends... it makes these special occasions all the more fun! x

    I hope you both have a fabulous w/e! x

    ReplyDelete

Hi there :)

Thanks so much for stopping by to leave a comment... I always love hearing from you!

Son xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails