Operation apartment: Adorn with art!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

A few weeks ago my husband and I were shopping in KL and whilst walking passed a little gallery we were both stopped in our tracks when we saw a piece of art hanging inside. So we immediately entered the gallery to have a closer look and well, I think it’s fair to say it was even more magical up close. This acrylic on canvas painting was not so cheap so we decided to ‘have a think about it’ knowing that here in Malaysia, there is always room for negotiation :)

I couldn’t get the painting out of my head as I have THE perfect spot for it in our new apartment but I had a flight to Melbourne to catch so I decided I would revisit the thought once I was back in KL. So, last weekend when my hubby and I were both back in Melbourne, he called me up and said ‘you’re never going to believe this’! He was walking down Chapel Street with close friends of ours when one of them said ‘oh I love this painting’... he turned to look and yep, you guessed it... it was almost the exact same painting from the same artist! Fate? I think so :)

Narate Kathong "Cathedral of Light" 200x200cm Acrylic on Canvas

The above painting isn’t the exact one we are hoping to purchase (ours is a slightly different picture and a maybe little larger I think) but it gives you a good idea. Thai artist, Narate Kathong, has a whole series of these beautiful, enchanting cherry blossom paintings. Cherry blossoms are one of my absolute favourite flowers but it always makes me sad that they are only in bloom for a few weeks each year... ooh if I could only have these in my lounge room all year round... this may just be possible. I will keep you posted on whether we make the purchase or not. More of Narate’s work can be found in Melbourne’s Tusk Gallery.

Sandra Suy "Flora" 8 x 11 print

Oh and whilst I’m on the subject of art, I thought I would share today’s etsy purchase with you! There was just something about this limited edition Sandra Suy illustration (above) that captivated me... so pretty. To check out more of Sandra’s illustrations visit her etsy store!

Have a great day and I’ll see you tomorrow for Tickle my fancy Friday! x

2 comments:

  1. I adore the Sandra Suy print!
    The cherry blossoms are beautiful as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmygoodness! Ohmygoodness! Had the exact same Nate experience walking down chapel street! Went in, had a chat with the lady, got a brochure and looked up his website when I got back to Sydney. And like you, I have not been able to get those incredible cherry blossoms out of my head! Please keep me updated on the purchase so I can turn greeeeen with envy! Go Son! x

    ReplyDelete

Hi there :)

Thanks so much for stopping by to leave a comment... I always love hearing from you!

Son xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails