Operation apartment: Classy, chic, cheeky chesterfields!

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A few weeks ago I mentioned that we have a new custom made lounge suite being delivered soon... hopefully by the end of next week... exciting! If you read yesterday’s post about me struggling with the lack of furniture and homeware stores here in KL, then you can only imagine how painful the process was shopping for new lounges (just ask my husband tee hee). We originally thought we would opt for something quite modern upholstered in fabric, maybe even an L-shape, but after searching everyday for the first month (and dragging hubby on the weekends) we had pretty much given up and decided to have our old lounge suite reupholstered until we found something we liked.

BUT the very next day we were just browsing through a store and I said to hubby ‘what do you think of that darling?’ He looked at me, started to giggle and confessed that he was admiring it only a few moments earlier but after the previous weeks of tears and tantrums he was a little scared I wouldn’t agree... after all, I was almost adamant that I didn’t want another leather lounge suite and I never would have entertained the thought of a chesterfield. Yep, that’s right, a chesterfield! Who would have thought?!

Image via: The Lennoxx

Image via: Decor pad

Image via: Apartment Therapy

Image via: Apartment Therapy

Image via: Apartment Therapy

Image via: Apartment Therapy

Image via: Flickr

Image via: Decor pad

So hopefully next week our modern-ish, white, leather 2 seater and 3 seater chesterfield lounges will arrive! I know they might not be everyone’s cup of tea but I think they will really help fill the large living space whilst adding a touch of Hollywood glam! The above pics really show off how the classic style of a chesterfield lounge can be used in modern, glamorous, classy and fun settings!

Are you a fan of the chesterfield? Are there any items that have ended up in your house that you initially thought you would never buy? I bet there are... but as women we are supposed to change our minds every five minutes right? :)

Oh and I just had another win... an email from the lovely Donna from Fabricadabra confirming that she is able to ship her gorgeous cushion covers to me here in KL... YAY! I hope you are having a great day too! x

6 comments:

  1. Love the images! I think Lennoxx has such great photos! Good luck on getting your custom piece!
    Lila Ferraro
    Queen Bedroom Sets

    ReplyDelete
  2. How Gorgeous, I love your choice! Your images are just lovely too! I am glad to hear that you are having some wins. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks lovely ladies... and welcome, lovely to meet you both! :)

    And Nellie, thanks for your comments on yesterdays post too! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol...your a funny gal...tears and tantrums? never!!
    I love chesterfield sofas..I love the whole nostalgic look of them...but I dont know wheither they are the best kind of sofa's for snuggling up in with a nice throw?? I dunno...never really sat in one...but they certainly look the part! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh but Anna, I can assure you ours are SO comfy! Women are quicker to dismiss comfort for something that looks good but not men and NOT my husband! Both the 2 seater and 3 seater are super comfy... the 3 seater is so long and deep you can easily cosy 2 people lying down :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW..super neat. I am a HUGE fan of CHESTERFIELDS..lucky you.

    Jen Ramos
    www.madebygirl.com
    madebygirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi there :)

Thanks so much for stopping by to leave a comment... I always love hearing from you!

Son xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails