Placing almost all of the ingredients
straight into the mix master.
This is what your mixture should look like.
Toss in the apple slices...
This is what your crumb cakes
will look like before baking...
Warm Apple Cinnamon Crumb Cakes
60g (2 oz) butter, softened
2/3 cup superfine caster sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 cup sour cream
1 cup plain (all purpose) flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons plain (all purpose) flour, extra
2 tablespoons brown sugar
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, extra
20g butter, extra, melted
½ large green apple, cored and thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (320°F).
- Place butter, caster sugar, cinnamon, egg, sour cream, flour and baking powder in a food processor or mix master and process until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into x4 1 cup capacity greased non-stick muffin tins.
- To make the topping, combine the extra flour, brown sugar, extra cinnamon and extra butter.
- Toss the apple slices in the flour mixture and place on top of the cakes. Sprinkle with any remaining flour mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cakes are cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice-cream... enjoy! :P
Too easy my friends... and served warm with a scoop of your favourite ice-cream, who could resist cosying up on the couch with one of these babies :P
Happy baking and happy hump day! x