Operation Apartment: Adorn with art Part #2

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Over a month ago I shared a little story about a particular painting by Thai Artist Narate Kathong... AND I can't believe it has taken me this long to tell you that shortly after that post my husband and I purchased the Narate painting that we stumbled across here in KL. Although it is quite different to the one we saw in Melbourne (not to mention we got it for a steal compared to the prices in Melbourne!), it is still a part of the 'Season of Love' series which hubby and I found quite appropriate as we are newly weds... so we decided to buy this as a wedding present to ourselves :) This blossoming beauty has been hanging on our wall for the last few weeks and I cannot tell you how much she sets off the room!

Narate Kathong 'Red Forest' 200x200cm
Acrylic on Canvas

I also failed to update you on the arrival of my 'Flora' print from Etsy seller Sandra Suy. She may only be small but I cannot tell you how much I LOVE her... the quality of the paper and ink used is just beautiful and in the flesh the colours are so stunningly vibrant!


Sorry about the poor quality photo...
it just doesn't do the print justice!


AND I still have to find a home for my La La Love You poster from Esty seller Sparkle Power. Even when I purchased this I didn't really know where I was going to put it but I've always wanted one :P

Lastly, our trip to Ikea on the weekend was a success! I should probably start by giving hubby kudos for successfully and patiently enduring Ikea on a Saturday without having a meltdown or losing his cool (thanks darling! xo) We purchased x2 bedside tables for one of the guest bedrooms, x2 square coffee tables which we thought would only be temporary as anything had to be better than the one we had... BUT now we rather like them YAY, another throw for our new lounges and a few more Ribba frames! If that wasn't a big enough win on the board, we then successfully assembled both coffee tables and both bedside tables without killing each other... those of you whom have attempted self assembling furniture with your partner know this is a big deal! I joked that if a relationship can get through that, it can get through anything :P

Anyway, back to adorning with art... I have begun arranging the Ribba frames on the floor to get an idea of spacing etc. and will hopefully hang them later today :) Then I have to go through the thousands of photos we have and select only nine to display!

Our apartment is finally starting to take shape! Hopefully a certain someone will be getting a new SLR camera for her birthday next month (hint hint to hubby :P) so will finally be able to start sharing some decent pics of the apartment!

Have you had any big wins this week? Happy hump day my friends x

10 comments:

  1. love the canvas ...so pretty
    the prints from esty ..so funny i have had my eye on her work for weeks ..i just cant choose one that i want yet.the one you purchased looks awesome. looks like you have been a busy bee have a great week sweetie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there, that Flora print is gorgeous! Just found your blog, v cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your "Nate", Son!!!!!
    Please show her to us in her new spot once she settles in? J.E.A.L.O.U.S.
    xLou

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lou! Hubby and I love it!

    Oh I so desperately want to show it off but just waiting to have an ugly powerpoint covered and my camera just does not do it justice at all... hoping to have a new SLR soon to finally take some good quality snaps!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    Just to say how much I like reading your blog and what good taste you have.

    I look forward to reading it from here in London

    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh thanks so much Carole... and thanks for stopping by!

    Great to meet you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Son ,

    Love the blog and have fallen in love with artist Narate Kathong especially the Autumn and Morning Ray artwork , I love reading the blog and have tried some of the recipes , all have been yummy , After a hard weeks work I enjoy the reading , take Care , Mon xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I was googling the artist Narate Kathong and your blog came up. Would you be able to share the name of the gallery in Malaysia you bought it from? I live in KL as well and have been trying to find his work!

    Thanks!

    koonpek

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Koonpek!

    Sure thing! the gallery is called Ovas and it situated in the Gardens @ Mid Valley. Here is a link to the website...

    http://www.ovas-home.com/gb/contact-us.html

    Goodluck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Koonpek

    We have another choice for showing Narate Kathong's artworks. You can see them in our blog (http://destinyartgallery.blogspot.com).

    We have a very good relationship with artist. We always see and talk to him (by face to face) every week.
    If you need more information and suggestion about Narate Kathong's, please feel free to contact us.

    Destiny Art Gallery
    Contact us: destinyartgallery@gmail.com
    Website: http://destinyartgallery.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hi there :)

Thanks so much for stopping by to leave a comment... I always love hearing from you!

Son xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails