Baking with Mrs Bouw!

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Hello my friends! Firstly, I would just like to say a big thank-you to those readers whom over the weeks have taken the time to let me know that they have tried, succeeded and loved my recipes... it really does put a smile on my face to know my little posts help others enjoy the wonderful world of baking as much as I do! I really do try my best to post recipes that are appealing, practical, easy and fun to make so for those of you who are still a little scared to throw on your apron and get acquainted with Mr Oven, I encourage you to quit drooling over your keyboard and give it a go! :)

This weeks recipe was inspired by the amazingly delicious, super duper punnet of strawberries I purchased from the super market on Sunday. I could have easily devoured the whole punnet myself but I thought I would spare a dozen for this easy and fun recipe... although I must admit, I kept having to smack my naughty little hands away after a they kept escaping down my piehole! This recipe makes 12 adorably delicious Mini Baked Strawberry Cheesecakes yummo! Perfect as a dessert for a dinner party or for that special occasion! Oh and if you are not a fan of strawberries, you can substitute these with your fruit of choice... passionfruit, blueberries etc! Not only are these little cakes as sweet as sweet can be but they can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days and are also suitable for freezing which means you can make them in advance... how handy is that!

The crushed biscuit and butter mixture.

Divide evenly amongst patty cases...

Press mixture firmly into cases and set aside.

This is what the cheesecake filling should
look like after combining the cream cheese,
sugar, egg, cream and lemon juice.

Again, divide mixture evening amongst cases
and place in the oven for baking!

Placing my stawberries, sugar and
vanilla essence into the frying pan...

...and this is what your strawberries should look
like once cooked... and how delicious do they look
swimming in their own sweet, sticky strawberry syrup!

The final product... Taa daa!

Mini Baked Strawberry Cheesecakes

Biscuit base
200g Marie biscuits (although I probably would have used Arnott’s Butternut Snaps if they sold them here in Malaysia).
90g butter, melted (this may vary slightly depending on the type of biscuits you use).

Cheesecake filling
250g cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup caster sugar
1 large egg
1 tablespoon lemon juice
100ml thickened cream

Strawberry topping (optional)
12 large strawberries, hulled and cut into quarters
¼ cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence

- Preheat oven to 180° C (160° C fan-forced).
- Line 12 holes of a muffin pan with patty cases. I used normal paper patty cases that measure 5cm across the base and 8cm across the top. I wouldn’t use up your pretty cases for this recipe as the cakes are not served in them.
- Finely crush biscuits in a food processor or blender. Tip the crushed biscuits into a bowl and then stir in the melted butter.
- Divide the biscuit mixture evenly amongst the patty cases and firmly press mixture down with the back of a teaspoon until even and smooth. Set aside whilst making the filling.
- Beat the cream cheese and caster sugar in an electric mixer. Once the mixture is smooth and creamy, add the egg and beat until combined. Finally, add the lemon juice and cream and beat until well combined. Divide mixture evenly among cases.
- Bake cheesecakes for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 30 minutes.
- Once cooled, remove cheesecakes from pan, place in an airtight container and refrigerate.

Strawberry Topping
- Place strawberries, sugar and vanilla essence in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat and cooked for 2 minutes until the sugar had melted and the strawberries have softened slightly. This will also create a sweet, sugary strawberry syrup which you may use to drizzle over your final product!
- Set strawberries aside to cool.
- Cheesecakes are ready to serve when they are cold and set. Remove cases before serving and top with strawberries or fruit of your choice.
- Enjoy!

Please note: the strawberries in the sugary syrup as above are ideal if you are serving immediately on individual plate (plus it looks pretty :P). However, if you are making a large quantity (say for a large party platter) or plan to make them ahead of time, I would recommend you use fresh fruit and avoid topping with the syrup as over time it will make the cheesecake and base a little soggy.

How delectably delicious does she looks sitting pretty on the plate like that... well maybe not as much as her before 'someone' has taken a bite out of her :P Happy hump day and happy baking! x

2 comments:

  1. ok it seems that i always say the same, but this looks absolutely delicious!! and stunninG! my cakes never turn out this pretty
    well done darling xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hi there :)

Thanks so much for stopping by to leave a comment... I always love hearing from you!

Son xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails