Dare I attempt this DIY?

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

In one of our guest bedrooms we have a perfectly good, extremely comfortable double bed... but it just isn't anywhere near as nice as our bed in the master bedroom or the queen bed in the other guest bedroom. For a little while now I have been toying with the idea of attempting a DIY headboard and was reminded of this again yesterday when Jen from Made by Girl featured a tutorial of a DIY upholstered headboard on her always amazing blog.

The below image of this gorgeous 'Rubie Green' upholstered headboard has been floating around for a few years now. You might remember I featured Rubie's fabrics in one of my 'Tickle my fancy Friday' posts last month! I am thinking a glamorous but fun fabric like this one might be perfect for the guest bedroom. But the question is... dare I attempt this DIY project?

Upholstered in Rubie Green's 'Marilyn' fabric.

Above image via: Made by Girl

All of the following images come with DIY tutorials of how they were made. I wouldn't say they look overly difficult although they do look quite time comsuming and here in KL, it might take while to track down all the materials...

Above: Otomi fabric headboard
tutorial available via Designsponge.


Above: French inspried fabric headboard
tutorial available via Centsational Girl.


Above: Fabric headboard tutorial via All Things Thrifty.

What do you think, do I attempt this DIY project or do I just cheat and have one made by a professional? :) I admit, if I did complete such a project and it turned out as well as the above, I would be rather pleased with myself. Have have you ever attempted anything similar to the above? I would love to hear whether it was a success and whether you would recommend giving it a go! x

5 comments:

  1. I wish I had the patience and talent.. I would love to say " I did that! " If you do it, you must document and show us all how you do it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes do it! It sounds like so much fun! And then you can write all about it and inspire us! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely should give it a go, i admire anyone who tackles this project, I have seen the tutorials around the blogs, im not sure if I could do it, to begin with we don’t even have the space to work on it, but it looks soooo pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess it's unanimous :)

    I think I'll put in the 'maybe' basket for the time being... it will depend greatly on whether I can decide on a fabric!

    Thanks for your encouragement ladies! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so amazing... I've been thinking about doing the exact same thing in my bedroom- I have a black and white girly art deco-ey thing going. Let me know how you go with it and I will do the same!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there :)

Thanks so much for stopping by to leave a comment... I always love hearing from you!

Son xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails