baking powder, spices and salt.
Mash your bananas and roughly chop your walnuts.
Combine the three steps.
This is what your mixture should look like...
Pour mixture into prepared patty cases and pop in the oven.
½ cup margarine
1 cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 large eggs, well beaten
1 ¼ cups plain (all purpose) flour
1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon mixed spice
Pinch of salt
2 ripe bananas mashed
½ cup roughly chopped walnuts
Cream Cheese Frosting
250g cream cheese, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 1/3 cups (500g) icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°c (160°c if fan-forced).
- Line your muffin pans with patty cases. I used normal paper patty cases that measure 5cm across the base and 8cm across the top.
- Place the margarine, sugar and vanilla essence in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until light and creamy
- Add the eggs, flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, cinnamon, mixed spice and salt and mix well.
- Stir in the bananas and walnuts until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared patty cases until ¾ full.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Once cooked through, remove cakes from the oven, then remove individual cupcakes from the muffin tins, place on a cooling rack and cover with a clean tea towel and allow to cool.
- For frosting, beat cream cheese using electric beaters until smooth. Add vanilla and beat well.
- Gradually add icing sugar, beating until smooth and creamy and of a thick consistency for piping.
- Spread or pipe on cream cheese frosting as desired.
Too yummy for words.
There you go my friends, another recipe that I promise will not disappoint... well that's not completely true... you will be quite disappointed once they are all gone because they are honestly SO yummy! As always, I encourage you to give them a go :)
I hope you all have a brilliant start to the week! x