To stripe or not to stripe?!

Monday, August 16, 2010

I know similar posts to this one have been done to death and have probably been all around the blogging world and back again, but I am going to ask anyway... To stripe or not to stripe? That is the question!

We have been on the hunt for a rug for our very naked living room floor for almost too long now. We would have been happy to settle for something quite inconspicuous although we have found it almost impossible to find anything that will remotely do the trick... and the larger the space, the harder it is to find a rug that is big enough to fill it!

But on the weekend, I saw that Ikea Malaysia are due to (finally) release the ever so popular Ikea Stockholm Rand Rug. Although it wouldn't usually be my first pick, I have seen it styled in many different ways in the design world over the last year or so, I got to thinking... maybe I can make it work in our space. The larger size would fit perfectly... hmmm... and it is a bargain. We would definitely be going for a black and white look with pops of colour...

Image via: here

Image via: here

Image via: here

Image via: here

Image via: here

So, any thoughts my friends? Are you a fan? Or are you rather sick of seeing this rug featured here, there and everywhere? As always, your opinions and suggestion are much appreciated... thank-you!

I hope you're having a beautiful start to the week! x

6 comments:

  1. I love black and white stripes...and a stripe rug does wonders to a room...however Im a little unsure of the multiple columns of stripes...I prefer continuous stripes right through. Its worth buying and trying and see if it grows on you..you can always return it if unsure. Good luck hon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi sweetie ..i think go stripes it will give character to the room ..loving those images for example xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes - massive fan! get it son!
    Bet it will look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do it!...The stripe rug is a winner and for the price, if in a years time you really can't live with it anymore it will be easier to part with.
    You know it works in so many different looks.

    It could be a really great kids room rug a little later down the track also;)Think Nautical.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY for your nod of approval :) Thanks ladies! x

    As I said, Ikea won't have it in for another week or so but I will most definitely let you know if we do purchase it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these images you've shared - the striped rug works so well in all those spaces and I think it will be amazing at your place too x

    ReplyDelete

Hi there :)

Thanks so much for stopping by to leave a comment... I always love hearing from you!

Son xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails