Tickle my fancy Friday!

Friday, September 24, 2010


fan•cy
nn.pl fan•cies
1. The mental faculty through which whims, visions, and fantasies are summoned up; imagination, especially of a whimsical or fantastic nature.
2. An image or a fantastic invention created by the mind.
3. A capricious notion; a whim.
4. A capricious liking or inclination.
5. Critical sensibility; taste.
6. Amorous or romantic attachment; love.

This Friday I fancy:


This room!
(Image via: Liv Chic)

Especially the Paul Smith 'LOVE' Wall Hanging!

These 'Puzzle Boards' by OOOMS Dutch Design Studio.

How perfect for entertaining!

I fell in love with Macarons when I visited Paris in 2008 BUT
I am yet to have had a go at making them... I need this book!

If it's good enough for Ms Alba it's good enough for me!
I still have to purchase a nappy bag for myself and BB and
I quite fancy the 'Charlie' by timi & leslie...

BUT which colour?!
Light brown...

Or black?

And lastly, I fancy watching the AFL Grand Final tomorrow with
my darling hubby who has been in South Africa all week!
Check out the bet we made (above) at the beginning
of the season... and for those of you who don't follow AFL,
the two teams I picked are in the final with Collingwood
the red hot favourites to win... Mr B is NOT happy! :P

AND the best part... watching a game of AFL =
a pie and sauce for lunch... yum!

Besides watching the game on Saturday, we will probably spend Sunday shopping (mostly for BB) as well as preparing for yet another lot of guests (friends of ours and their 3 young boys) who will be staying with us all of next week! Do you have any special plans?

Happy Friday my friends... and have a great w/e! x

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on your feature on Made by Girl....very nice.
    What a prediction for the grand final.
    ...oh and I pick the black Nappy Bag...to go with any outfit and it will never look like you have taken it everywhere with you for 2 years solid.;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go the black luv -- the neutral is lovely but... despite your best intentions the bag WILL get covered in wayward spillages. You know -- baby clothes you have ad to discard (twice!) because he she has blown out. Cloths with baby vomit on them. Wayward bits of rusk they have discarded halfway when there is no bin in sight. That sort of thing... trust me on this. BTW for a slightly less glam but equally funky vibe, have you seen the Oi Oi range of nappy bags? There are nice leather ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sonja,
    I found your blog through Madebygirl. I am new to blogging and loving every minute of it. I am loving every read in your blog and all the delightful photos. But for some reason I am unable to email you directly from your website(and I can't find your email address) Would it be possible to have your email....I am Australian living in Qatar (expat for the first time, only been here 3 weeks) and need some decorating tips....We live in an appartment/Hotel so cannot really touch the walls, and the place is furnished. I know You are probably swamped at the mo with bubba ideas and your own home.... But if you had time to send a few quick ideas/photos/suggestions I'd be sooooo grateful. You just have that flair I dream of. I would love to email you some pics of our loungeroom and perhaps you could help me out. (A weird request - but I thought maybe you would enjoy it - some extra net surfing :-)
    Please let me know either way
    Very kind regards
    Louise
    louisemccarthyathotmaildotcom
    Ps I'd go the beige nappy bag. (The colour is so summery and would match everything without looking heavy) I have had a lush purple/pink one for 2 girls and it has lasted in colour and form. But didnt match every outfit ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heart macaroons too...and have been wanting to try my hand at making a batch...the recipe is pretty simple Im told..its the technique in getting them super smooth looking that you need to perfect.
    Love the choice of nappy bags...dont be surprised if you end up with more than one..but I would say...go with the black as you tend to place the bag on the floor alot when you are shuffling around for nappies, bottles , wipes etc...but great if you could get both...maybe one can be an early Christmas present from hubby? ;) Hope you are doing well lovely...enjoy your AFL watching with your you beaut Aussie pie :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh I know you ladies are right about the black bag... I might be tempting fate by getting the neutral coloured one along with my white lounges tee hee :P AND Nicole, thanks so much for recommending Oi Oi... I had seen a few of their bags on various sites but had never checked out their actual webpage. There are lots there (inc. daddy bags!) but one in particular that I love... the only down side is their shipping is half of what the bag costs argh! Anna- Matt is insisting on buying me a designer bag as a pressie for becomming a Mummy! The only thing is I doubt once BB arrives I will ever get to use it haha. Happy w/e to you all x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Son

    Definitely love those puzzle boards, might have to buy some. And that macaroon book, sounds lovely, i love the look of them, and that book, i might also have to get a copy and start baking again, i miss baking! too busy!

    You have very exciting times ahead, can't wait to see the nursery when you can finally reveal BB's gender.

    I personally hope Collingwood lose, as a Carlton supporter, there's no way i can bring myself to support the Pies today! Who does Mr B support?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, so glad I have just discovered your blog, it's really lovely. I love your letters to BB too, so beautiful and thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blog! Love your apartement as seen on Made by girl. So beautiful. All the things I love white chesterfields, louis ghost chairs and pink!! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Son....my Hubby will be cursing you...your Tickle Me Fancy Friday posts usually result in me checking out all the lovely products you've linked to and occasionally buying them...hehehe...and this week has me itching for a spot of online shopping :) I'm loving those puzzle boards...and the book :) Oh..and as for the nappy bag...I'm loving the light brown colour. As always my dear...lovely finds :)
    xo
    P.S. can you believe it was a DRAW??!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there :)

Thanks so much for stopping by to leave a comment... I always love hearing from you!

Son xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails