Over-baking with Mrs Bouw!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I just thought I'd check in to let you know that I now have an over-baked bun in the oven... yes, that's right, still no Baby Bouw! Three days overdue and counting. My most precious recipe yet obviously needs a little more time to be cooked to perfection :) x

We all know BB's sex has remained top secret (even from our family and close friends) so I won't be sharing details of BB's nursery until after bubs has arrived! So in the meantime, I thought I would share a few darling gifts that have made their way to us in the last week or so all the way from Australia! I still have to take pics of some of the other goodies we have received over the months! I must admit, everyone has done a brilliant job of buying 'gender neutral' pressies for Baby Bouw...

This particular parcel arrived a few weeks ago...

One of my besties came up with the idea
to do a spin on my 'Letter's to BB'...

And this gorgeous box was filled with letters
from my close girlfriends for both
Baby Bouw and Mumma Bouw!

I was so touched by the thoughtfulness of this gift
and the letters themselves. What a beautiful keepsake!
Thank-you so much my dearests!

These gorgeous 'Seed' onsies and patchwork tassel blanket
were sent across last week from my little sister. I think
it is driving her a little crazy not knowing the gender
as this is the third package she has sent across
making sure she has all bases covered :)

She also sent across some gorgeous Chrissy
ornaments for BB's first Christmas!

This lovely box for bubs' Birth Certificate
was sent from my big bro and his partner.

These adorably fresh, crisp white animals (that also jingle)
are from my Mum! Although given they are so white
they may have to be for 'decoration purpose' only.

And how cute are these hand made dolls (also from Mum)!
She thought she would buy both a little girl dolly
and a little boy dolly, again suitable for both genders!

Meet Sofie the Giraffe! The perfect toy for 0+ bubbies!
Thanks to my gorgeous and thoughtful friend Peta for thinking of us!

What better than to make BB feel like a 'true Aussie'
with this Peter Alexander Vegemite onsie... thanks Miss JJ!

And to finish off, I thought I'd share a pic of
this card that made me giggle :)

Baby Bouw is already ridiculously loved (and just slightly spoilt :P) and has a nursery full of goodies that I can't wait to share with you all!

Anyway, back to the Docs tomorrow to check in on how our little one is doing... hopefully it won't be too much longer until our precious little bundle decides to join us! Stay tuned my friends! x

P.S Thanks to my witty buddy Jules for the title 'Over-baking with Mrs Bouw'... love it!

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful gifts honey...what a wonderful bunch of family and friends you have...very blessed.
    BB will be here soon...my little Jacq was 1 week over due....I think he was far to comfortable at The Placenta Resort to think of leaving...lol.. you will be holding your little baby in your arms any day now..and already be sharing your first christmas together...can it get any better than that...what a wonderful joyful time it will be for your little family.
    Thinking of you...and wishing you a safe delivery...I am so looking forward to meeting BB :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my! Looking through all of these items is truly excited, I'm at the beginning of the journey that you've almost finished and for the first time I feel I 'get it' in terms of the 'baby-buzz' all these goodies are absolutely precious!! And your baby buow is going to be so cherished by your family and friends!! I'm sincerely excited for you!!

    :) Hazel
    Hazel Loves Design

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sonja - wondering where the Peter Alexander Happy Little Vegemite onesie came from? I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there.... that is such a great idea to do letters to the future baby.... so cute...

    xxx
    CEO

    ReplyDelete
  5. i was thinking that baby bouw must have come by now, but no? wow!! so exciting! i was thinking that it was a baby girl, but it could also be a boy as he has no rush for coming:)) good luck! love his cute gifts!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those little dolls are TOO CUTE FOR WORDS!

    http://ashleyanderic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a new reader here, but I've loved catching up on some previous posts about BB.

    What gorgeous gifts you've been sent!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your posts. I have been reading it for a while, but this time I had to ask. The baby's 1st christmas ornament, do you know where it was bought. I really wanted one and cannot find anything. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Precious gifts. I imagine you spending an unforgettable Christmas with your baby and family.
    Hugs from Brasil.
    Tereza

    ReplyDelete
  10. You ladies are too sweet, thanks so much for your wishes! x

    Lizzie- I wanted to include a link to the 'Peter Alexander Vegemite onsie' but when I checked their website, it doesn't look like they stock them any more :( Are you based in Australia? If so, it might be worth calling your closest Peter Alexander store to double check!

    Anonymous- The Christmas ornament is from Myer :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ive said it before, but what great taste your friends/ family have!! Those gifts are totally gorgeous -- I want want want that onesie for Elliott!! Thinking of you the next few days... not long now! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow I love your Mum's pressies, exquisite taste!

    Really like your blog, check it all the time.

    Best Wishes x

    Rachel (Melbourne)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful. Ugh. it's enough to make a girl clucky all over again! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hi there :)

Thanks so much for stopping by to leave a comment... I always love hearing from you!

Son xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails