Milestones.

Monday, April 4, 2011

I know, I know. I have been SUPER slack with my blog posts (again) but as most of you know, life as a new Mummy doesn't leave many hours in the day for such things. I take my hat off to those super bloggy Mums who have time to look after their little ones AND dedicate time to posting regularly! So I am sorry my dear and loyal readers for my lack of posting! I have however still been reading your blogs daily! :)

These past few weeks have been full of milestones for our little miss Allegra which I wanted to share with you! She had her four month check up just over a week ago which consisted of another two injections (where our brave girl barely shed a tear) and of course being measured for height and weight. It turns out we have one big, healthy girl on our hands! Allegra is in the 95th percentile for her weight and 97th for her height! Wowee! This might have something to do with the fact that I had noticed some changes in her behaviour and sleeping patterns over the last week (as well as her eyeballing us when we ate!) so we made the decision to slowly introduce Allegra to her first solids! So yesterday we gave her her first taste of rice cereal mixed with Mumma's milk... and... she loved it! The other big milestone is that for the past four nights Allegra has slept right through the night... for 12 hours straight... yeeeehaaaa is an understatement! And seeing as many of you have given me the thumbs up to share as many photos as I like, here are a few more taken over the last couple of weeks!

Allegra Isobel @ 4 months old.

Pretty girl.

Up yours Mummy... hee hee :P

Our polka dot princess rocking it out in her Bumbo!

Mumma & Baby Bouw.

And again.

Our beautiful little miss.

Watching her first Grand Prix with Daddy... clearly nail biting stuff!

Exhausted after the race... having a nap poolside. So sweet.

More polka dot prettiness! :)

Cheeky monkeys!

Allegra about to try her first solids...

Hmmm...

Success! Nom nom nom :)

Happy bubba = happy Mumma! :)

Allegra, you are our little superstar and we love you beyond words!

My Mum (aka Nanny G) arrives for a 12 day visit this Thursday which we are all really looking forward to... especially as she hasn't seen Allegra since she was 7 1/2 weeks old! Allegra and I will then fly back to Melbourne with her for a few weeks over easter to visit family and friends yippee! Although it's such a bummer that Mr B will be unable to join us due to work committments :( However, it will be a very special visit for us none the less as on of my closest and best friends, Emma (I have blogged about her previously here and here), is due with her first bubba... the day we arrive actually! I am SOOO excited. It is something all best friends dream of isn't it, to raise their children together?! Such a blessing!

Anyway, I should be back with a few posts this week. I hope you had a great weekend! x

7 comments:

  1. Hi Sonja,

    Awwww....i've missed your blog soo much. And Allegra is looking cuter by the day. She looks really adorable in polka dots. And I thought its really sweet that you keep all this photos of her 'firsts' - first solid, etc. Bet, she would be excited to see these when she grows.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I can't believe Allegra is 4 months old already. She is so adorable and what a wonderful little girl to sleep 12 hours straight for you. Have a lovely time with your mum and don't feel bad about not blogging regularly, we all understand and look forward to each new post. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh she is just divine! and you are looking fantastic Sonja!!! I hope you have a beautiful trip and a gorgeous time with your family and friends! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allegra is such a doll! Love that green dress and you are looking fabulous Son! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, you both looking great!! did she sleep 12 hrs after having her first solids? she's looking gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love all her cute lil dresses..yes I totally agree with moms out there who can blog, have a job and have a lil one..My baby is only 5 weeks and im trying to get as much sleep in as I can :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recently found your blog and I am loving it. I read back over most posts and have made both the tangy lemon slice (I was told it was the best ever tasted-thanks!) and the hummingbird cake-Yum. I also have a 4 month old daughter Willow and it is lovely to see Allegra going through the same things as my little one. Glad you seem to be loving being a mamma-it really is the best job. Have fun when your back in Melbs-also my hometown. Bettina x

    ReplyDelete

Hi there :)

Thanks so much for stopping by to leave a comment... I always love hearing from you!

Son xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails