There's no place like home...

Tuesday, July 5, 2011


After 3 years, 5 months and 21 days it is time for Mr B and I to close this chapter in our lives and bid the expat life adieu... and what a chapter it has been! We have moved countries (three times!), I changed careers, we've had a handful of amazing holidays (I've now visited 64 cities in 20 countries), got engaged, married, started this blog, fell pregnant and had our beautiful baby girl, Allegra. And so as I sit in our almost empty apartment (waiting for the removalists who are late for the second day in a row... hmph) I am filled with so many emotions, some happy, some sad, but I am mostly feeling overwhelmed that I am so very lucky. Because in the last 3 years, 5 months and 21 days, life has been so kind as to set the most amazing foundation for what I know will continue to be a blessed life with my precious little family and amazing friends (including you, my bloggy ones). So please, bare with me whilst we get settled back in Australia as I would love for you all to come along for the ride and join me for the next exciting chapter... whatever it may hold. But for now, I am clicking together the heels of my ruby slippers... because there is no place like home! x

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful blog entry!

    Can't wait to see what your future holds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post Son! I am so excited for you and I hope all goes smoothly. Looking forward to seeing the new house when you are settled. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have packed in so much in the last few years! All the best with your move xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog and I wish you an even more wonderful time back in your country (and look forward to your new posts).

    Love, peace and happiness

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous post! good luck with the move & ill be seeing you very soon i hope! i bags the top bunk!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree Son - gorgeous blog entry. Love that you've counted the days (and your blessings!). Hope the (rest of) the move goes smoothly - Can't wait until we can call you a Sydney-sider!
    xxxx
    Lou

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post :)

    It must be great to come to be closer to family and friends!

    hope Sydney brings many more precious memories for you and your family.

    KR

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope the move goes well... U r very blessed ;))))

    ReplyDelete

Hi there :)

Thanks so much for stopping by to leave a comment... I always love hearing from you!

Son xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails