- The x2 white leather chesterfields you saw gracing the covers of the 2010 summer addition of Adore Magazine as well as the x2 coffee tables will not be joining us in our new home. Unfortunately we will be selling these as the lounges are far too big and bulky for our new space and the coffee tables just don't feel 'right' in the room :(
- Instead, we have decided to replace the chesterfields with the two white fabric sofas (plus matching chase lounge) that we already own. In our apartment in KL we had the two seater in our guest bedroom and you might recall seeing the three seater in Allegra's former nursery (see below).
- There is a lovely feature fire place in the loungeroom that desperately needs something placed above the mantle. The room has very high ceilings so that wall is currently looking very bare and unloved. I've been dilly dallying for weeks whether to go with a piece of art or a mirror and have finally decided that a mirror is the way to go so now I just have to find the perfect size and style!
- Two out of our three gorgeous Table Tonic Moroccan pouffes will remain (the white and silver)... and I might even purchase one more... in gold perhaps?! :)
- The rug from our apartment in KL will do the job until we find something we like (in my experience searching for the perfect rug is much harder than you would think)!
- Our new window furnishings will hopefully be installed in the next fortnight.
- And now for the most important part of the room... a colour scheme! I had been feeling quite stuck and uninspired about what 'feel' and 'look' I wanted to create for the loungeroom in our new home. But this all changed when Mr B arrived home this evening with a large, cylindrical package sent from Melbourne. Inside the tubing lay our stunning original Bourin Bourin vintage poster that we received as a wedding gift at the beginning of last year. It has been a while since I have laid eyes on this enormous, firey beauty as it has been in storage for the last 18 months as we did not want to take the risk of having it lost or damage by sending it overseas to KL. We now have to have it framed and mounted so this following image is one I have obtained from the net and by no means does it do our original any justice... the colours in the flesh are gob smacking...
- Originally, I thought I would angle for a slightly warmer and more mature colour palette than the brights featured in our home in KL, however, this may be difficult to achieve as this piece of art is gigantic, extremely vibrant and will definitely be a feature in the room! So this evening it was back to basics taking the same approach I used whilst decorating our previous home... start with cushions! It is funny how an entire rooms identity can stem from one tiny piece of fabric but I really do believe they provide inspiration and a foundation for your space. And where else to turn to than Etsy! Here are a few combos that are tickling my fancy...
What do you think?! I'd love to know your thoughts!
Also, I spent this afternoon shopping for coffee tables and found a few that may be contenders, so I hope to be reporting back soon with some news of a purchase :)
There you have it, the loungeroom update. I promise to share some sneak peek pics as the room comes together but I might just make you wait until it's complete for a big reveal! It has been a big and busy year so I thank those of you who have continued to visit this little space of mine! Here's hoping that my decorating mojo is back for good so I can start giving you the blogging goodness you have been missing from me! S x