The Master Bedroom

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Hello! I arrived back from Melbourne earlier this week anxious to see our new curtains! I mentioned that due to the fact that we are renting we weren't involved in the selection process so I had been holding my breath for the last month hoping that the owners taste wasn't too far from our own. Overall, I am relatively happy with most of the choices- white roman blinds in Allegra's room, sheer white and a block out white for the upstairs dining. The lounge room on the other hand is a whole other story. Without sounding too dramatic, it looks like someone has projectile vomited over that entire wall. Seriously. Ok, maybe that's a bit over the top. BUT it appears luck was our side... this is the only time I think I will be happy that the manufacturers buggered up the measurements and made the curtains about 30cms too short (insert chuckles hee hee) so they have to be completely remade :) With this in mind, I immediately emailed our agent and attached some photos of the curtains in hopes that the owner might agree with me about the said curtains... and he did! Thank goodness! We both agreed that something more neutral (either white or off white) would be much more pleasing the everyones eyes. Ahh, the joys of renting :)

Now, as for master bedroom, whilst the curtains aren't something I would have chosen, they are still something I can live with and hopefully work with in terms of decorating the remainder of the room. I thought I'd attach a few pics so you can see for yourself...

The tones go quite nicely with our drawers
(which run along almost the entire wall).
And also go well with our off-white leather bed.
As you can see the pattern is quite busy so choosing the perfect colours and patterns for cushions etc. is the tricky part. In the flesh the curtain fabric throws off numerous colours such as chocolate brown, gold and bronze and sometimes even a yellowy/army green! I have decided to play it safe and stick to crisp white linen on the bed and whilst I entertained the thought of keeping the cushions very plain, I can never go passed a bit of colour!. The brights you saw in our KL apartment just don't seem to work as well in this house but I am thinking something along the following might...



I am considering either of the above as the feature cushion
 to mix with the following two options...



And here's what they look like teamed together...




Firstly, what do you think of the curtains?! Do you think the above combos work together and do you have a favourite? As always, I welcome any other suggestions you may have! x

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sonja
    How exciting that you have moved to Sydney, its a great city to live in and i hope you and your beautiful family enjoy many happy memories here. My favourite combo is the first one. Goodluck deciding, they are all beautiful choices! Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the third combo but probably because I just love that Chiang Mai dragon pattern (in fabric and wallpaper). I so understand how you feel about renting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such great taste! I love it all, I wouldn't be able to choose!!!
    Have a lovely weekend :D

    ReplyDelete

Hi there :)

Thanks so much for stopping by to leave a comment... I always love hearing from you!

Son xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails