Around the house!

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Hi there! Whilst I'm not even close to feeling like our home is presentable enough to share with you all, I do feel I owe you a few little updates! You might remember this post from back in November... well as you will see below, I decided on both the cushions I was considering, although I ended up going with the Schumacher Summer Palace cushions in charcoal rather than navy blue. I must say I adore them both! AND as I had hoped, they both tie in with the curtains you may remember me whinging and moaning about :}

You can purchase the Shumacher Summer Palace in
 charcoal from here and the Chiang Mai Dragon in
 aquamarine here. Both Etsy sellers were a dream to work
 with and both products are just beautiful!
 I couldn't be happier :)
I have been wanting to purchase both of these
Papillon Butterfly prints for too long now!

I particularly LOVE this green one with a hint of
 turquoise and think both will tie in perfectly with
the above new cushions :) My mission this
week has been trying to find the perfect frames!
You can purchase both from the lovely and
super talented Kerri @ Driftwood Interiors.


Now, moving onto the master bedroom... you might also remember this post where I thought I had narrowed it down to a couple of cushion combos. Well, after spending a little more time browsing through Etsy (the best place to purchase cushions in my opinion!) I fell in love with a fabric that I considered fresh, funky, fun and a touch feminine (with the bold floral print) and my mind was made up. I am still umping and ahhing about whether or not to team these with a pop of colour at the back but here are the gorgeous cushions...

Sinhala linen pillow covers in Bittersweet, buy here!
Do you remember this Ikea Norrsten Cabinet that
 I jazzed up with a little DIY animal print lining?


Well in our new place here is Sydney it has found a new home in the informal dining area just off the kitchen (in our previous home it was in the living/formal dining area). Last week I purchased this 'Banks Mirror' from Freedom and this afternoon I had it hung (along with our cherished Narate Kathong painting which is now gracing the walls of the formal dining room down stairs)!

Banks Mirror from Freedom
It looks fabulous, gives the cabinet a new style and is a perfect fit with our dining table and floorboards. Once I create a vignette to go with the mirror (on top of the cabinet), I'll be back with a little show and tell :)

Besides the above, it's been a case of out with the old and in with the new in the Bouw household. Mr B has been helping me de-clutter and I have been selling up a storm on ebay (which is completely new to me!) to try and get rid of some bulky items we no longer want or have room for. And as a result the last week or so has seen us become the proud owners of a Weber BBQ, new kettle and coffee machine, new laptop and printer and a new ironing board... exciting stuff I know hee hee :)

Oh and I also purchased something funky for the toilet this afternoon (yes, the toilet!) but I'll save that for another post :) x

5 comments:

  1. Great cushions and I totally agree - Etsy is the BEST place to buy cushions and also I think the best place to buy art for children's rooms, costume jewellery and vintage finds. I love how sellers include beautiful wrapping and lovely little notes too.

    India

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cushions, especially the one's on your bed, just gorgeous and yes etsy is the best! Can't wait to see other updates. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the mirror and the butterfly prints - i love etsy too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving the Norrsten cabinet! And what a fab idea to customise it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVELY PICS:) I really like your blog and will happily follow:)
    I wish you a great week.

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
    (Sweden)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there :)

Thanks so much for stopping by to leave a comment... I always love hearing from you!

Son xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails