Going for gold!

Thursday, March 22, 2012


Yesterday afternoon I picked up a copy of the latest Real Living magazine as my bloggy bestie Sally from Once.Daily.Chic was featured in an amazing six page spread! And although I already had a soft copy of the article, it wouldn't be right if I didn't see Sal (and her apartment) looking all gorgeous and glam in the paper flesh! What a great feature, well done Sal! :)


Whilst flicking through the feature 'Go glam, transform your home' on pages 54-59, I spotted the above Spaghetti Occasional Table from Freedom and knew immediately that I must have one if not two of these gold darlings! And with the price tag of $129 each, I was sold! They are a part of Freedoms new 'Limited edition' range so I also knew I had to snap them up quickly! I phoned my local store and as if it was fate they only had two left... I will pick them up later this afternoon!


I have been dreaming of injecting some gold into our new home for months now and these tables will make a beautiful start! Come to think of it I don't think we had any gold (furniture OR accessories) in our previous home so I am having fun gradually creating a space that is very different to out super modern 'white with pops of colour' apartment in KL. I guess that's one positive side of renting, you can experiment more with styles that you might not necessarily go with if it was your own home. I will wait until I have the tables home before I decide whether they will go in the lounge room or the master bedroom but I will be sure to keep you posted :)

Spaghetti Occasional Table
Limited Edition in gold, buy here!
Whilst I'm on the topic of gold... I am really considering paying my pal Louise from Table Tonic a visit to increase my Moroccan Pouffe collection from three to four! Seriously friends, I am not sure I will ever tire of them, I still love mine to bits! THE most versatile decor accessory I have ever purchased. And I am mega crushing on this one below...

Handmade Moroccan Faux Leather Pouffe
from Table Tonic. Buy here!
  


Anyway, I must be off and get myself out of my gym gear and into some proper clothes while my little lady sleeps! Have a great day :) x

7 comments:

  1. I love the bits of gold Son and especially that gorgeous moroccan pouffe. Great score with your tables too, how lucky are you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sonja! Love the gold tables. A quick question, if you don't mind me asking - do you think it is possible to mix gold and silver? I have lots of gold/bronze accents in my home - but am feeling it is a little dark (as I also have dark wood and glass furniture)so would like to brighten it a little - maybe a silver mirror, silver lamp bases etc. Not sure if silver and gold is a no no though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting a spaghetti side table. I high tailed it up to my local freedom and put a deposit on one last weekend as I just knew they would go quick! I also want to pick up one of those Morrocan Pouffs, maybe in baby pink :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hubby came home with a copy of this issue for me...god love him..he must have sensed that I was seriously craving some new mags..lol
    Love this issue..and the next one looks even better!
    Am SO into gold right now too its not funny..am going with the black and white and taupe and gold theme in my bedroom. Oh if only I had more free time : /

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh i was admiring Sally's home in Real Living yesterday!
    Aren't the gold tables fab? I've just specified one in a nursery I'm working on at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought one of those gold side tables just yesterday after also spotting it in Real Living mag, love the idea of the gold pouffe to match!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those side tables - what a steal! Sadly Freedom closed it's doors here recently. It was a handy store for some things. Love the gold pouffe.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there :)

Thanks so much for stopping by to leave a comment... I always love hearing from you!

Son xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails