An EXTRA special Mother's Day :)

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I've been very quiet of late haven't I... well hopefully this post will explain a bit more :)

How were your Mother's Day celebrations?! Well I was lucky enough to have my Mum fly up from Melbourne on Friday night to spend the whole weekend here with us :) On Saturday we treated her to a massage at a local day spa before she had to put on her baby sitting hat... MR B and I had a party to attend on Saturday night so Mum gladly watched Allegra for us so we could get glammed up and have a night out (quite a rare occasion these days)! I was spoilt with some stunning jewellery (which you will see me wearing below) as well as a few other little goodies. We asked my Mum if there was anything in Sydney she wanted to see and she suggested Madam Tussauds! We hadn't been yet either so the four of us heading in early on Sunday morning, it was lots of fun and scary how life-like some of the recreations were! We had originally planned to go out for a late lunch on the Sunday, however, the weather was rather chilly with a real bite in the air so we decided to cosy up in side, pop on a movie and order take out instead :) Here are a few pics from our weekend :)

Sunshine on Mother's Day morning :)
As the party was on Saturday night, I got
my Mother's Day gifts a day

 early so I could wear them :)
Here they are! Gorgeous right?! :)
My complete outfit! 
And with my Mr B x
And again :)
Hello Mr President :)
Rockstars :)
Me and MJ
Oprah! :)
Hee hee, Mum has a little crush on Mr Willis :)
Mr B and I with Brangelina!
Allegra adores her Nanny G :)
A cosy and relaxed dinner
 of pizza and pasta :)  
Cosy cuddles with my girl x
AND the extra special news....
YES, you guessed it, I am pregnant with

 Baby Bouw #2! This photo was taken on
Sunday, 2 days shy of 13 weeks :)



So besides being just busy with life in general, I have also been busy feeling rather lousy for the last 4- 6 weeks :( Allegra's pregnancy was quite smooth and I didn't experience many of the yukkies that come along with the first trimester... this bubba on the other hand had other plans for Mumma! I have only just started feeling (and looking) human again this last week which explains my absence. And I think looking after a 17 month old this time around definitely changed the landscape a little! We are very excited that we are finally able to shout our news from the rooftops :) I am 13 weeks pregnant today with bubba's expected due date being 20th November (the exact same due date as what Allegra had ~ unbelievable right)!


And if you weren't already sick of the obsessive (proud) Mumma in me than look out, because it's about to double :) I hope to share this pregnancy with you all and create a beautiful log for both myself and Baby Bouw #2 just as I did for Allegra :) And hello, it means I get to decorate a whole new nursery... yeeehaaaa! :)


I hope your Mother's Days were just as special as mine! Have a great week :) x

32 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! That is such beautiful news.

    You are a very luck lady xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, what special news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!!!! Amazing news. Can't wait to see nursery progress. I hope it is not so top secret this time hehehhehe. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Son! Look forward to coming along on another Baby Bouw ride xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! Such wonderful news :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Brilliant news!

    Glad you are feeling a little better now :-)

    Can't wait to see your nursery! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Sonja! So looking forward to the new nursery and the letters for BB #2!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that explains it all... CONRATULATIONS. Bet Allegra would be thrill to have a companion..and can't wait to see the nursery and Allegra is looking oh so adorable...

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's such exciting news and such a special post to read a few days past Mothers Day! Congrats Sonja! I look very forward to reading posts about pregnancy #2 and the ideas you have for this baby's nursery!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. So SO happy for you!
    Having 2 kids...although hard work some days & always tiring....is unbelievably AMAZING. Double to love!
    I can't wait to share this baby journey with you.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my! Allegra has grown so much, and she is beautiful!! Congrats on the second pregnancy!! best of luck! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Son this is the best news! CONGRATULATIONS! Woohoooooooooo!!

    Hopefully the irky-ness will soon subside... We all can't wait for another "bump-y ride"!
    Yay yay yay!
    xxx
    Lou

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations!!!! That is definitely an extra special Mother's Day.

    I hear you on the nursery front. I have 6 weeks left whilst everything has been ordered, nothing is here and the nursery looks like a bomb site. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    BuBbles
    x.

    ReplyDelete
  14. congratulations thats fabulosu day news!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your new bebe! love to follow this next step ahead!
    xoxoxo Chantal
    www.beaulifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations! My son was born a week later then Allegra so for me it is fun to see how much different raising a girl is. Well, I will find out in 2 months anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats :) Allegra's getting more beautiful every time you post!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats! I started following your blog when you were pregnant with Allegra and it will be so fun to share the journey with you second time around. Look forward to the pregnancy, nursery, Allegra updates! Crazy exciting times ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations! Such great news! Allegra is going to be such an adorable big sister! We just announced that baba#2 is on the way for us too:) Due date: 22 November 2012!x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations!! I am so happy for you and Mr. B.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Meagan ButtigiegMay 22, 2012 at 12:15 PM

    Congratulations!! I must say I have been waiting for this very special news for a while now. Can't wait for all the BB#2 updates. Looking fabulous as always.

    PS - where did you get that fabulous black shift dress, I have been looking for something like that for years now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meagan! Thanks so much for your congrats :) Re: the black dress pictured above, it was actually the first dress I purchased post-pregnancy (as we had a wedding to attend when Allegra was 7 weeks old) so it's over two years old! It's Scanlan & Theodore and I snapped it up half price during their sales... it was originally $600 ~ yikes :/ But I must say I have worn it about 4 times now mixing it with different accessories and I think it will be one of my got-to dresses for many years! Every girl must have a LBD! x

      Delete
  22. Congratulations Sonia!! That's such exciting news, I'm really happy for you. Amy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks so much for all your congrats and well wishes... we are very excited indeed! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats to you & your hubby Sonia!! Very exciting news. I've been reading your blog since you were pregnant with Allegra so very much looking forward to reading your posts over the next couple of months!! Can I ask you where u got that gorgeous dress you were wearing at Madam Tussuands? You look stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kate! I don't know how regular my posting will be with this bubs but I will do my best :) The dress I am wearing at Madam Tussauds is a 'Wish' dress and I bought it at Myer. I originally spotted this Zepplin Cape in the same fabric online however they didn't have it in store BUT they did have the dress which I love even more :) Happy shopping! x

      http://shop.wish.com.au/Products/Categories/Tops/Zepplin_Cape__142922969.aspx

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the quick reply, I'll def keep an eye out next time im in Myer. I love the cape but the dress is sooo nice. I'm pregnant with bub no.2 as well & this pregnancy is a lot more hectic when you have a toddler to chase after! Its very tiring. All the best xx

      Delete
  25. Congratulations on the second baby! I love your blog, and Allegra is adorable :) Cant wait to see what you do with the second nursery..
    xox
    http://ballerinainheels.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh Sweetheart..thats FANTASTIC NEWS!! Congratulations!! I hope the yuckiness subsides and that you start to feel better soon. YAY..another little baby bouw...how beautiful if you have one of each..either way little baby bouw No 2 is going to be nothing less than absolutely adorable! Look forward to sharing the second journey along with you x

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have just been catching up on your news and OMG, so exciting....
    Bubba number 2 will be just beautiful and Allegra will be the best big Sister.
    Take care and look after yourself....xK
    I also realise now you and my hubby share a birthday, what a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there :)

Thanks so much for stopping by to leave a comment... I always love hearing from you!

Son xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails