Get the look: Skorts!

Sunday, November 3, 2013

This week, for the first time in about a year and a half, I dared to bare my legs. During my second pregnancy I had some really awful veins come up leaving me too self conscious to wear above the knee skirts, shorts or dresses. I know there may be some who think this is vain (pardon the pun) but combined with the many changes our bodies go through when baring children, I just couldn't bare the thought of looking at them let alone letting others see them. I wouldn't even wear shorts around the house. Silly I know but we all have our own hangs ups don't we?! One cannot undergo treatment whilst pregnant or breastfeeding so it was only eight weeks ago that I was finally able to have them tended too. I was informed they get a lot worse before they get better (the treatment clots the veins and leaves them very bruised and lumpy) and I was warned it could take up to six months to heal completely. I still have mild bruising and a few little lumps BUT here I am just eight weeks later feeling very free in my new skorts! :)
 

Get the look:

Scarf print shell top from Country Road

Pleat front shorts/skorts from Witchery

Slake dark bracelet from Swarovski
Red ‘Trafaluc’ strappy heels from Zara
Black 'Reva' clutch from Tory Burch
Grand Apparat bangle from Hermes
LV Inclusion bracelet from Louis Vuitton
Inglot nail polish #360 from Inglot


4 comments:

  1. Good for you! You look great. I had a Country Road dress of similar print to your top- sadly my 2 year old cut it with nail scissors two weeks ago!!! P.S. We had his Mr Busy party last weekend. Thanks for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely :) And oh dear re: nail scissors! I juts checked our your blog post on your Mr 2's Birthday party, it looked great and like lots of fun! xxx P.S I'll have to give you the nickname Wilson... did you ever watch Home Improvement with Tim Allen?! ;)

      Delete
  2. I rarely comment, but you are absolutely stunning and have a lovely family! So glad to have you blogging again! xx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh *blushing* that's so sweet of you to say, thank-you for taking the time to leave such a lovely comment! xxx

      Delete

Hi there :)

Thanks so much for stopping by to leave a comment... I always love hearing from you!

Son xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails