This is has to be the easiest and quickest recipe I have ever posted. And one with the least ingredients... two ingredients my friends, yes, only two! I was doing a clean out of the fridge and had half a packet of dates left over from some baking which was uncanny because it was only just yesterday that a friend of mine who has a very fussy little eater who's favourite food is chocolate (isn't it all of ours?! :P) told me of her sneaky way to get some extra fruit into her daughter. You know I'm all for tricking our little ones (do you remember my zucchini spaghetti!) so I was excited to try these little babies on my girls. I whipped them up earlier today in a matter of minutes and they were an absolute hit... seriously my girls were going nuts for them! Allegra even said 'Mum, can I have another chocolate ball please?!' Misson accomplished and perfect for the lunchbox!
Coconut and Date Balls
2 cups of pitted dates, roughly chopped
2 cups of desiccated coconut
- Place dates and one cup of the coconut into a food processor or blender.
- Process on high until the mixture all of a sudden comes together and forms a sticky ball (refer above picture).
- Remove mixture and roll into teaspoon size balls.
- Lastly, roll into the remaining one cup of coconut.
- Pop them in the fridge for an hour or so until they are firm to touch. See, easy peasy!