Who doesn't love a Cheesymite scroll right?! Ok, so maybe it is an Aussie thing hee hee :) Whilst we don't eat truckloads of bread in our household, the girls have been missing Australia's Bakers Delight Cheese and Bacon Rolls and Cheesymite Scrolls as they don't really sell an equivalent here... so why not make our own :) These are a bit of a cheats version as they use puff pastry as opposed to a dough BUT the upside is they are much lighter than bread, take no time to make, are perfect for the kiddies lunch boxes AND use just three ingredients, yes THREE... that has winner written all over it if you ask me!!!
Homemade Cheesymite Scrolls
Puff pastry, thawed
Grated cheese (tasty or cheddar)
- Preheat oven to 220c.
- Spread your thawed pastry sheet with Vegemite (just like on your toast, I find the amount you use to be a personal choice).
- Sprinkle cheese over the top of the Vegemite (again, its up to you how generous you are) and then carefully roll into a log.
- Slice into 1-2cm pieces and place on a lined baking tray.
- Cook in the oven for 12- 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Allow to cool before eating.
* These are great for school lunch boxes and can be frozen, however, I recommend freezing in an airtight container shortly after you have baked (and once they have cooled of course).