Be it for lunch or dinner, I just love this dish! It really does tick all of the boxes... it's healthy, quick and easy, super tasty, fresh and adaptable! You can add or subtract ingredients as you please (adding cashews, peanuts or fried asian shallots for some crunch or chilli for some heat) and choose to have it cold which is how I prefer or warm like Mr B :) Always a winner in our house!
* Please note, this recipe is to serve one person, simple multiply as required.
100 grams of cooked chicken
1 cup vermicelli noodles
1/3 cup chopped, fresh tomato
1/3 cup chopped, fresh cucumber
1/3 cup chopped/shredded, raw carrot
1/2 cup fresh mint
1/2 cup fresh coriander
1 tbs fresh lime juice
1 tbs fish sauce
1 tsp tamari (or soy sauce)
1/2 tsp brown sugar
- Combine dressing ingredients in a bowl (or small jar if you have one) and mix/shake until well combined. Set aside so that the flavours have a chance to infuse
- Cover the vermicelli noodles in boiling water and soak for a few minutes than drain and rinse under cold water (this stops the noodles from sticking together and cooking further).
- Combine noodles, chicken and remaining salad ingredients in a bowl.
- Just prior to serving, drizzle with dressing and toss all ingredients together to ensure the dressing is distributed throughout.